Sunday, July 13, 2008

Those that truely love...

So this is my blog. I want to start by saying that if I am the only one who ever reads this, that is just fine by me. Which at this point is true. But if you do at some point read this, then thanks for reading this far. Ha. Anyways. I am planning my wedding. Although I'm not quite engaged I do see it in the near future. So without further ado (I have no idea how to write that) this quote is my whole starting point for marriage and hopefully will encompas our relaionship as we grow together. Also, if my man and I all of a sudden turn into beautiful vintage cowboy models, I'm fine with that too.


"Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Those that truly love, have roots that grow towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom have fallen from their branches, they find that they are one tree and not two."

Louis de Bernieres

Beauty in a picture and in words. Love them both.

Photo by Tanya Lippert photography....amazing stuff.

3 comments:

Petunia Face said...

Just came over from your comment on my blog--welcome to the crazy mixed up fun world of Bloglandia! :)

onesilentwinter said...

Great quote! planning, but not engaged! do tell!

I wish I were a ballerina... said...

Oh goodness. There is a long answer to that but I will try and be short. So basically I'm just waiting for the big question. We talk about 'when we are married' or 'when our children are this old..' blah blah all the time. He told me that he told my dad to be prepared for a meeting later this summer with him and my mom...I'm assuming that if he told me that then I am safe to say its gonna happen! I'm not a very patient person, so this blog is kinda a way to let out all my ideas and excitement without freaking him out completely before we are even technically engaged. It's also for whatever the heck else I think is fun/pretty/happy/emotional etc. Thanks for asking!