Thursday, August 21, 2008

So many ideas running through my brain!

There are so many ideas running through my head from reading wedding blogs all day that I am scared I may forget an absolutely brilliant idea. Just ideas. Not even anything special. The little things, that make the wedding unique. So I am going to come back to this post to update it whenever I read something or think of something that isn't necessarily a picture or theme, but that I want to remember. I feel like I have already forgotten so much but here we go....

-Taxi tags (for intoxicated guests). Hopefully my venue will allow people to keep their cars overnight.
-Vintage garden themed. (Colors are currently; moss/mint/pear/leaf green, bright yellow, pale yellow, natural, ivory, charcoal grey.)-too much? please tell.
-DIY jars with candles hanging from trees.
-Bonfire with su'mmore (how the heck do you spell this?!) fixings for later in the night. Maybe along with something greasy after a night of dancing...like mini burgers and fries?
-I don't think boutineers are a necessary expense.
-I want both my parents to walk me down the aisle.
-I want to release butterflies...is that dorky?
-I want to have a 'photo booth' with props. Maybe with a Polaroid camera?
-I want to take pictures with horses (luckily my mom has 8 of them!). Doesn't that just seem just super sexy?
-A homemade sign pointing towards the wedding location.
-I want basic but beautiful chandaliers hanging with candles in them and maybe decorated with greenery.
-I want a picture of our shoes and his socks. Plus one with all the groomsmen's socks (argyle/stripy goodness).
-I want my flower girl to have a flower halo.
-I want to have salon lash extensions (super expensive). Like super expensive.
-I want a cigar station. All the men in both our families are big cigar smokers. How fun would this be?!
-I want many separate cakes in different flavors, not a large tall fancy one.
-I want nice furniture outside for people to sit on.
-I'm thinking that favors aren't necessary.
-I want a mantilla veil.
-I don't want any pictures of putting on makeup, eww. Not appealing to me.
-I want this quote to encompass the feel of the wedding, well, besides how blessed we are by God and all our family and friends. "Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Those that truly love, have roots that grow towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom have fallen from their branches, they find that they are one tree and not two." ~Louis de Bernieres

I basically want to feel like this. No matter what all the other little details are.

via. Ann Hamilton

But, most important is I want to get married to the man I love so we can start our lives out together. Which means he really needs to ask me. I can see all our time slots filling up daily, but I really try not to push him. Sigh...

No comments: