Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm frickin engaged people!

Finally eh?


It happened yesterday...it was my day off and Mark had to work in the Reformation Research Library. So I brought us some yummy lunch from Potbelly and met him in his office...it was pretty normal. I was actually kind of bummed as we were getting ready to leave, him to his next job at church, me home to do-nothing. So we were kinda standing saying our goodbyes and I noticed his hands were all sweaty. He was like no, not sweat, must be from the sandwich I just ate. I didn't think anything of it. He then asked me to grab the Latin dictionary off the shelf and look up some word...he was like nevermind you can put it back. So I did. He was like I need the other one put this one back. So I did! "I need both". At this time I was super confused. "Are you serious?" he asked. Then I looked. Because I knew I was obviously missing something...and there was the box. So picked it up and he slowwwwly got down on his knee (or so it seemed). I can't really remember what he said, just that I wanted him to get up! He never actually asked me, just told me how he felt. So I guess not so exciting in the process, but definitely about time.


Ring is perfect. Very simple and elegant.


5 comments:

Peonies and Polaroids said...

Congrqatulations! And it's VERY exciting in the process! The imperfect proposals are the best, trust me - I staged one!

Heather from the bar said...

congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous :)

Petunia Face said...

Congratulations! Love and kisses and a beautiful ring! Can't wait to see all of the wedding planning.

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous.


P.S. I don't know how I found your blog, but I love it.

Mollie said...

Awwwwh thanks! All four of you made me smile. What a treat :)